3.10.2010

The Band, The Snow, and 2nd Saturday :)

2nd Sat. Serving Others Event: Laura and I will be joining about 800 other people who "hate" religion (rule-based fear driven organizations) and love God (www.livinghopechurch.com) and serve the community. Go to our East Vancouver blog for details this week (www.lhceast.com). Date: Sat. March 13, 9a.m.-1p.m. (Meet at Living Hope's Main Campus).

My friend Adam sounded like the Band "Everclear" (to my ears) this week during one of his songs (LINK). It made me smile.

Want to go snowshoeing? Laura and I going Sat. March 27! Use the following email if you want talk with us about going, Brucea@livinghopechurch.com. We many have families with kids. It all depends on who wants to go. We WILL have fun!

Check out these books? Laura and both loved Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson (so inspiring) and then got turned onto Half the Sky by Kristof & Wudunn (We went to Lloyds theater to see the event too) - Wow, what a tragic and inspiring book for a lot of people.

My favorite authors book I'm just finishing: I've got five pages left on Brennan Manning's The Furious longing of God. This book turned me onto a new way of looking at Shel Silverstein's classic poem from 46 years ago, The Giving Tree. This author so inspires me how much God loves me (you too)! After reading this book, I wrote a paraphrase with some of my favorite thoughts. Check back tomorrow & see if I've posted it yet.

The final book that I'm so enjoying right now is an author I've never read before, Timothy Keller - the book? The Prodigal God. This book, unfortunately, uses some old "religious" language, but has some thoughts on Luke 15 that I've not found very many places. It also has some incredible "one liners." It's an amazing read of Jesus' story of the two sons and the one who came back to life (known as the Prodigal Son).

No comments: