4.06.2007

Rewind & Fast Forward (EASTER @ the ROSE GARDEN



Rewind:

April fools jumped up and bit me! Like a little Chihuahua it payed me back big time. I had earlier, 8:31 a.m., played an "April fool-ish trick" on the Lead pastor of our future Saturday night site, Burlingame. Brad laughed and took it well. Now fast forward to about 1 p.m. Brad calls me and excitedly shares that his faithful band of about 100 warriors, his church, had raised $48,000 to help us launch the new Burlingame campus. I KNEW he was paying me back. No matter how hard he tried, I wouldn't bite (or swallow)!


Tuesday of this week, while with Brad at the church I saw this reality - it had grown even more; The Burlingame church had raised $57,000 in cash to help prepare for our new launch! ONLY GOD! How could 100 people who had listened to Brad and I share in their service (for about 15 minutes) respond in this way?

Fast forward:
Many of them will be joining us after their early service at the Rose Garden. Together, different churches, with unique names, working together will turn Portland upside down! Only God!

Some 2,000 years ago Jesus crashed into lives, planet earth, in a human body! Then in the ultimate act of love (John 3:15-17; Ephesians 1:4-5; I John 4:19) He chose to die in a collision that see everyone free to accept His forever love! My sweetheart, Laura, looked at me this morning as we spoke of this crash and said two words -COLLIDE & ABIDE! Jesus is the ultimate collision and because of that we can rest, abide in His love!

Keep crashing ahead with love, lots of smiles, and invitations to Easter. But don't forget to pause and abide. See pastor John's blog

No comments: