10.20.2007

U2 (Bonon) & Laurelhurst - WOW

I'm reading a book about U2's spiritual journey and their willingness to make a difference in their one and only life here on planet earth - it's good. I'll blog more later but I do want to share this "very Living Hope quote" by Bono --

BUT FIRST - TOMORROW (Laurelhurst's first ever "Discovering Living Hope" potluck will take place following the service (Oct. 21). We will have lots of food (bring your favorite dish too) and show you a new video by John Bishop (never shown at any other campus). It's going to be fun. Will and I both will be sharing our story and then explain what makes Living Hope so passionate about loving people as they are and our HATE of religion (it's very dangerous).

Here's that Bono quote: "I have this hunger in me . . . everywhere I look, I see the evidence of a Creator. But I don't see it as religion, which has cut my people in two. I don't see Jesus Christ as being any part of religion. Religion to me is almost like when God leaves -and people devise a set of rules to fill the space." London: Omnibus Press, 1997

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for today! It is such an honor to serve with everyone at Laurelhurst! I pray that God does something greater than even I can imagine with me!

Lisa W. said...

OH! Unique video! Darn...wish I was a Laurelhurst girl JUST for the unique-ness factor...too bad I truly severely dislike driving and parking in Portland!

It took forever for me to grasp that U2 has a singer with faith in Jesus - is it the whole band, then?

Heard a Rod Stewart song when I was driving back from North Bend with my mom last week..."Have I Told You Lately"...and if you look at the lyrics, it looks like he is singing to Jesus. "Have I told you lately that I love you...have I told you there's noone else above you. You fill my heart with gladness, take away my sadness, ease my troubles - that's what you do." - my jaw dropped when I related that to singing to Jesus...it just felt SO RIGHT.
Bruce...I love you, man...you're a good Brother, and you've inspired me to be more devoted in my personal time with Jesus. Thanks for always accepting me as I am, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for responding - U2 joined the "rock & roll hall of fame in 2004 - over 25 years together as a band. I'm going to blog a bunch more on this group this week. Keep us in your prayers at Laurelhurst.

Thanks again.

Bruce

Anonymous said...

Kasey,

You and your family are the REAL inspiration - Love your heart, enjoy your friendship.

Friends,

Bruce