2.12.2010

Valentines Emergency instructions (for men & women)

Valentine's Alert: You are already late Superman! If your a women, you've still got time :)

Men: First you need to begin with "imagination" - Yes, daydreaming! It's one of God's amazing gifts (The Dark One knows this so He big at twisting it).

1. Set time each day to imagine your sweetheart and how much "more" you are "who you are" because of her! Then jot down words that are descriptive of what she means to you - Pick a word and then use Google or Word to look for synonyms. The more you practice this the better will be the words you write in those cards (plural) your going to buy her today! Get her a cute card (ask a woman who is shopping the card isle if you are clueless - you can tell your wife you risked looking stupid to get her the best card - Because she "so deserves it!" Then tell her that next year you're going to graduate to finding the ultimate card "all by yourself." Cute animal pict. cards are usually a big hit (If you are not yet at a "401 level" Valentines card-shopper then be very careful about buying one of those sexy sensuous type cards - it could backfire). Multiple cards placed in unique places - the Car dash, at her work, at the gym she goes to at 5 a.m. on Saturday (One early V. card is very cool - my first one will be delivered tonight). Next year plan to mail one (like real snail-mail mail) so it arrives on a couple days before V. day.

2. Gifts, and cards, need to match the season of your loves life (warm, excited, refreshing, adventurous, tender . . . ). If they also speak to her love language then you can really hit a home run (or win the gold metal in the Giant Slalom event)! Candy isn't that cool unless it "very unique."

3. Start some "invisible gifts" a couple days before: I cleaned the kitchen and family room two days ago. I gave Laura a deep tissue massage last night (I bought her a massage table & book last year - I'm learning how to give sports massages). She's not even aware that these are "foreplay" gifts - Remember guys, women are like an expensive diesel Mercedes - warm those glow-plugs up before trying to turn her on - but get them going and they run forever! Men are like Funny-cars - Jet fuel, very squirrelly, but real, real fast (they last about 4.7 seconds and then the parachute brings them back down - ha)! Nascar is cool!

4. Surprises at Valentines are excellent (One year I did a CD with wedding pictures on the jacket and the top 12 love songs from the last 20+ years of our love story). If you can find a a female friend who has great taste (my youngest son is very wise when it comes to buying clothing and jewelry for women - I use him sometimes) you get her to help you buy some great jewelry for that special woman ( I've found some incredible stuff in the price range from $7-220. Get that guy a very cool watch - Suunto has amazing watches - I love the one at Costco that is a heart-rate watch - very cool watches - really! I SO hit a home-run this year for Laura (an unbelievable unique bracelet and ear rings - I think she'll just melt). I've bought very unusual books; one year decorated our Volvo as a Love-mobile, and this year I've got a Resort destination decorating a "get-away room, with fireplace." AND in the a.m. we will do European Lawn bowling and croquette . . . Then we're off for a snowshoeing adventure Monday afternoon (Don't tell Laura as it's all a surprise). All of this starts at 5:15 p.m. Sunday after a wedding I'm performing - send up a smile and prayer for us, ok? :)

Catch this . . . I've got friends that mistakenly believe they are NOT creative; they call me and together we see home-runs (I had a wife call me this year for ideas - very cool).

V. DAY IDEAS FOR GUYS: buy a Wii fitness for your wife & set it up with candles and music - dress in funny 60's exercise gear and DO the Wii with her. If you think she would like to get out, you might do a marathon of stopping at YoCream near IKEA - by the airport, then off to a cool little restaurant in Portland (spend the time on the web or call someone like Dondi T at Living Hope - Don Taylor in Portland is a walking yellow-pages) - Try something in the Hawthorn district (amazing sushi there) or NE 22nd or 21st area in Portland are fantastic! I once bought champaign and some Larson's Bakery "delights;" then finished the evening by "parking" under the big planes landing at the airport. Parking if you've been a couple for a long time is a very cool memory lane experience (Oh my can Laura kiss like WOW . . . sorry, I'm getting a bit excited). I'm really into bracelets right now (not the tennis diamond kind) but funky, unique, cool bracelets - You need know what setting she will best wear it for (ask someone who's an expert) . . . The one I got this year will dress up so well, but also works so well on a casual date!

THINK ABOUT THIS LADIES: A very cool gift is the "Kettlebell" (I've got a 15 lb. one and it's one of my favorite workout tools - Google it & see what it is (They sell them at Big-5, Walmart, and Walgreens). Download some cool "Youtube" exercises and then tell him you'll get sweaty with him - Great for core work, hip flexors and bum! Now for that brave married couple: set up your room with a digital camera and camera stand. Buy Valentine's boxers & a teddy (for you :) Use the Kettlebell as a prop. Buy or make up some Blank cards ahead of time, then after doing your own photo shoot, you can print print and paste them in the cards (keep them in your "safe" and they will bring so many smiles and laughter in the years to come).

Does your special guy play golf? Try a lesson & video analysis from Golftec (near the airport) - from beginner to bogy golfer they will enjoy (Laura takes me golfing for father's day - it would work well for Valentines too).

Cinetopia, in Vancouver is another unique place to dine and watch a movie - the seating is a must for any movie over 2 hours (Living room theater or even their Grand theater - If you've not see Avatar yet this would be the place to go (reservations or great food to eat while you watch in 3-D). Most guys and gals will really like this movie.

SUNDAY AT 8 A.M. OR 12:30 p.m. YOU COULD JOIN LAURA AND I IN EAST VANCOUVER FOR A 30 MIN. "FROM INDIA WITH LOVE" story and video clip extravaganza. You will be inspired, touched, so filled with love - some fun food treats too (check it out right now)

Remember, my romantic friends, great friendships are made up of people who are experts at expressing how valuable the other person is to them (in the language the "other person" best understands) on a regular basis. The other key ingredient is a continual showing (display) of commitment that says, "I'm there for you - forever. I've got your back - I'm stuck to you - very, very sticky!"

Every year I hear someone putting down Valentines: I could care less how commercial Valentines is - really, I'll use every opportunity I can to express to my sweetheart (more than 35 years loving this beautiful woman) how wonderful her friendship, love, companionship, and life is to me (Don't worry, Laura won't get conceited as she doesn't read my blogs)! I got started late this year "imagining" how valuable she is and how best to express it this Valentines (But I still think I'm going to score the winning touchdown . . . I can hardly wait to find out . . . must run get a couple more cards). Dream on my friends, daydream about the one you love - then study as to how s/he will best hear it from you this Valentines!

I'm thinking and praying for you this Valentines - everyone can find someone to share a smile with - God bless . . . now GO FOR IT! Be brave, adventurous, risky (in a good way). The more vulnerable and real you are to those you love, the more they will glow with God's love!

Hey, Check back next week for my Valentines report-card update :)

No comments: