2.19.2009

Oh yea . . . Final two days of V day with my sweetheart

Sunday, following a very fun Birthday party with our friend Emilee we hit the road.  I had several bags packed with decorations, decadent deserts (dark Chocolate) and bubbly!

Laura dropped me off at our hotel (She had been so curious) – The Aloft (a W Hotel).  I want us to stay someplace different that anything we’d stayed in – it fit.  While Laura did a coffee run I decorated, candles, a desert bar, and more . . . the decor of the room was new, modern, and fun.  Our 42” flat screen hung on the wall about three feet from the end of our bed . . .

The shower, in our room, was to die for . . . and I had hearts stuck everywhere; with appropriate comments . . . My two best, killer cards were waiting for Sun night and Mon. morning.  Shop way ahead of time for cards . . . the relaxed atmosphere and larger selection will pay off – Laura really loved her cards (I love cards- WOW!)

 

Monday morning we slept in (7 for me) and then found the Hotel gym to be the best we’ve ever experienced for a hotel.  We then went back to our room and read and hung out until we left.

An amazing breakfast (1 pm) at the a little hole-in-the wall on Division St in Portland (Detour) . . . I love this funky, great-food, cool owners hangout (Laura’s first time here).  She really liked it!

Then we went to the Driving Range and hit golf balls, practiced putting and chipping (the 60 degree wedge is a golf club . . . thanks for the comments new readers – do I have 7 faithful readers now?)

We sat in the sun (of our car) and read from our new “Seattle-based” novel . . . Then it was home for our Monday night Family date with our kids (They insist we have Mon. nights for family night – how blessed am I?)

The result of these seven days of romance?  I’ve noticed great wonders and marvels not seen for a while in the ordinary moments of Tue. & Wed.   Laura’s glow is still lingering and my sense of how great of gift she is in my life is so strong.  We were made for romance.  How’s yours?

Idea: If you’ve been burned by religion and broken friendships try searching again for romance with God.  I believe you will find it if you admit, even embrace your fear-based core, then willingly hand yourself over, the way you REALLY ARE to your forever Creator-friend!  I’d love to sit with you and tell you more grand romantic stories.  My dream?  To see you become so hungry and thirsty for this deep love that you risk everything to reach out one more time!  You will win!  Start planning now for that next opportunity to be romantic!

Tomorrow:  The Ultimate gift I gave my wife Mon. morning that made her cry tears of joy.  It’s the most expensive gift I’ve ever given (in US currency it cost me $70, but in soul-gold it cost a whole lot more . . . Can you guess what this incredible gift is?  Laura actually gets it this next Monday!)

No comments: