2.10.2009

Romantic (ONLY 4 days LEFT!) tips for V Day!

 

The book, Song of Solomon is one of the most sensual/sexual pieces of literature every written.  It never mentions God’s name, prayer, or “religious words.”  It so embarrassed theologians and religious teachers that for more than 1,000 years it was turned into a spiritual metaphor and translated so that the idioms and metaphors were not hidden.  Why?  I think we’ve boxed God outside of the gift of romance and intimacy.

This week (and perhaps beyond) I hope to blog about the Romance of a deep intimate friendship.

I’m going to share a web site that has a lot of tips (I wouldn’t buy the books or buy a whole lot of the advice . . . that’s just me . . . I’m careful about what I buy into when it comes to relationship experts . . . and NO I DON’T have all the answers . . . I’ll explain another time).   The web site for Valentine ideas: THE ROMANTIC.

Feb 10 - BRUCE’S ROMANTIC (pre)V. DAY TREAT (I’m prepping for that amazing girlfriend and wife, my best friend Laura):  I jumped out of bed at 5 a.m. and as soon as Laura was in the shower I took her towel and Head wrap and fast tracked it to the dryer.  When she stepped out there was a note (w a heart) and very warm towels (she loved it).  The bed was made and I’d already fed the cat . . . Tomorrow I kick into TURBO.  Come back tomorrow for an update!

Who will you romance today?  Will you allow God to romance you today?  Is there stranger who needs a kindness act (a kind of romantic touch that says “Everyone is someone special!”).

Several years ago my sweetheart gave me a romantic verse that is an amazing reminder of the ultimate gift!  Read it now? 

The very best Present is the celebration of God’s Presence (no where but NOW HERE with YOU!) here with you and in you, now!

 

No comments: