5.13.2008

Never Give Up

We had an amazing Mother's Day breakfast,
worship, and great times this last week
(Pictures
of our air guitar contest at the bottom
).



y My friend Jeff sent me this YouTube clip and as I began to watch it (it's nearly 8 minutes long) I thought, not so great, but by the time I finished it . . . oh wow! Watch it yourself and let me know what you think.




This is a great example of what it means to "never give up!" I have so many times looked at others and thought "They'll never make it." I judge their track record and their choices and attitudes . . . well, the hard cold reality is "I GIVE UP ON PEOPLE." I trust my senses and then I forget that life, the air I breath is all a miracle process. I belong to the God of they universe and GOD never gives up on me (or you). I can give up on others. I give up on myself. But God is not like me. God never gives up.

God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

"I have swept away your sins like a cloud, your wrongdoings like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." (Isaiah 44:22)

Another way I was touched by the YouTube video was the incredible truth that anything good "is NEVER done solo." We are community. When I operate or think outside of God's design I'm always less and everything I could have added to life become less. The power of a team and the life, even when it seems beyond hope is witnessed by these creatures in nature.

Will I look beyond my senses when I'm tempted to give up on someone? Myself? Will I run back to those on a larger team and together believe that WE can overcome anything?

My identity is more than ME, it's US! When I dance with God (as Pastor John said so well a couple weeks ago) I realize more and more that I'm not alone and my real identity is restored.

Just for fun here's a couple pictures from our KidsWorld class this last Sunday at Portland. Watching the kids dance gave me such a joy - very deep and very good!

We also continued our theme of Rock Star by having an "Air Guitar" contest to start our Sunday off at Lakehurst's campus. How much fun!

No comments: