2.23.2008

Feb. 23: Fuel up on Proverbs 23


One of my favorite wisdom chapters, Proverbs 23, is so full of great wisdom (read it now)!

Today's pick: "Get the truth and don't ever sell it; also get wisdom, discipline, and discernment." Proverbs 23:23

  • What's your plan right now for GETTING these four, very valuable, assets?
  • How would someone get started (the first step) if they've never tried this before?
  • Is there something in your life you need to stop trying to "get"? Does it drain energy you want to spend somewhere else?
Do your own word study of this verse - Tell me what you think. I'd like to hear your take before I share my own weird thoughts.
  • Buy - (How do the nuances of this word in Hebrew change or strengthen my picture of what it means to buy?)
  • Truth means . . . (I think the etymology of this word is cool.)
  • What different nuances do you see between the following words: wisdom, discipline, and discernment (KJV translation: wisdom, instruction, and understanding)?

No comments: