2.01.2008

The Experiment continues - Day 3 Wisdom Seeker

HOW ARE U DOING WITH THE CHALLENGE? Don't know about my 30 day challenge? (go there now)

My verse for today, February 1 - Proverbs 1:31 "Therefore, they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way, choking on their own schemes."

  • It's easy to rip on God for the bad stuff. It's common to see Him as punishing us. Don't blame God. Most of the guilt I feel is not from God, but rather religion's twisted views.
  • Much of the "bitter fruit" I end up eating is the result of doing life "my way." Like Old Blue Eyes (I did it my way) "there is always a way, my plan, that looks right, but the end is death." Proverbs 16:25, Genesis 3:1-5, and James 1:13-15.
  • My good choices and my poor ones don't make God love me less or more - BUT they sure can make life more joy-filled or very rainy! I can build friendships with others who desire to see more of God's plan working in their life. I can pour into the lives of others. I can develop spiritual habits or join a small group (Monday nights at Laurelhurst is excellent). Absolutely none of this makes God love me more or makes be "better" than someone else. But our trust, our thoughts, and our freedom from addictions are affected! Try reading Romans 12:1-2.
Thinking about making even better choices? Try looking for experts in the area you desire to have "sweet fruit!" For example, if you asked me for wisdom regarding dancing or diamonds you would be acting "STUPID" because I'm telling you I know very little about either one (dancing frightens me -I can't do that!)! But ask me about bicycles, or building great relationships and maybe I can be of help. Start building a team. Lots of people will give you advice. Look at their life. What's it look like in that arena?

What kind of fruit are you eating today?

No comments: