2.20.2008

Wisdom saying for Feb. 20


I've got some thoughts about two wisdom proverbs this morning, but can't decide which one to blog on. So here's the deal: you decide for me (all three faithful readers). Let me know today which one, ok? The choices are:

1) Prov. 20:1: "Wine produces mockers; liquor leads to brawls. Whoever is led astray by drink cannot be wise."

2) Prov. 20:4: "If you are too lazy to plow in the right season, you will have no food at the harvest."

Both of my blog thoughts are relational in nature. The first explores my history from age 14 with alcohol and how it related to destructive religion in my life (also the affects on my boys - it was real good). The second blog idea deals with the investment payoffs in my marriage and friendships. It touches on other benefits of this God-wisdom; my health, personal eating habits, etc.

Let me know.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the second one.

Anonymous said...

Number 2 sounds great

Anonymous said...

I think I would like to hear more about 2

Anonymous said...

More on #2 please

Anonymous said...

On their first trip to America the Beatles were asked if they were "Mods" or "Rockers", the two main youth moments of the day in Great Britain. Ringo replied without hesitation, "We're Mockers". Brilliant. Guess that means we should go with #1.

Anonymous said...

I think option 2 is interesting.

Anonymous said...

Without Question, #2

Anonymous said...

Perhaps both.

Anonymous said...

I believe I'll vote for #2

Anonymous said...

You choose, Bruce.

Anonymous said...

Two, always two.

Anonymous said...

One is the loneliest number. Better go for two.

Anonymous said...

#1 sounds too depressing.

Anonymous said...

I was going to leave a longer comment but I just felt too lazy. I guess that means you should choose #2.

Anonymous said...

Both are quite valid and appropriate. Perhaps you should flip a coin.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure, do you have one on indecision?

Anonymous said...

Go with #2

Anonymous said...

Option number one sounds a bit too close to home. Maybe number two would be more comfortable.

Anonymous said...

Wine as a mocker? Sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

Lazy is as lazy does.

Anonymous said...

Either would be appreciated. You choose

Anonymous said...

The still, small voice in the back of my head says...number two.

Anonymous said...

How about a third option?

Anonymous said...

Number 2, I believe.