2.29.2008

30 day challenge over - new one today!

HOW'S YOUR BENCH PRESS DOING?

The 30 day challenge turned out to be more for me than for any of my 6 faithful readers (except for you Agrippa - smile). I've had a dream of writing about Proverbs for some time, and that'll still have to wait. But out of these 30 days of reading and writing, I've been encouraged in one of my goals. I plan to write a Wisdom Journal. (There is a unnamed relative that will someday be surprised with my words about the Word from this incredible book - I'm writing it for this person.)

For those of you who read some of my blogs during the last thirty days - your emails, comments (some in person), and blog responses have so driven me to keep working on this special gift for my relative. Thank you! It's been fun.

Are you up for another really big challenge? It's something like that of Air Force Captain Joseph W. Kittinger Jr.'s record. He's the guy who jumped out of a gondola some 20 miles up in space and parachuted safely to the desert floor safely - wow.

So, here it is: for the next 2.5 days the challenge is to see how many people you can invite to our Portland campus to hear me speak about prayer. We just finished, lastnight, shooting an amazing story of someone who attends our Portland campus. This Sunday at 10am I will speak and then share the video. You will not be the same after hearing this story. Also our band has a couple of incredible songs that are so powerful. I believe the entire weekend will be life-transforming.

See how many friends, family, strangers, anyone, you can invite to come and experience it with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your book, Bruce. You do have a talent, a gift that will continue giving. Day after day and year after year. I just wouldn't use that picture of the author for the back of the dust jacket. What, that ISN'T you doing that cool stiff man on the bench trick? OK, my mistake, perhaps I need to adjust the focus on my monitor. But seriously, you are on to something good that has the potential for true greatness. Just because I often don't believe in Him doesn't mean I don't always believe in you.

I hope that Laurelhurst is packed this Sunday for you, your message, and so much more. Then we WOULD know that at least some small sliver of justice does in fact exist in this tangled up and tumbled down world. So let it be written, so let it be done...

Anonymous said...

I would love you have you bring your amazing humor and wit and show up at our campus!